[Sca-librarians] Advice requested for SCA book author

Sally Burnell sburnell at raex.com
Wed Mar 9 19:58:04 CST 2005

Since your book is self-published, it will not appear on any of our
order lists, since we go through a supplier, Baker & Taylor, as do many
libraries.

What I would suggest to you is to contact either library directors or
their PR departments and alert them to your book. They can then, if
they are interested, find a way to get it into their collections. It
all depends on the library system, Small, independent libraries, talk
to their director. Large metropolitan systems like Akron or Cleveland,
you might want to talk to their PR person.

That would be my suggestion, as one who works for the Akron system.

Worth a try, anyway!

Good luck - I own the book, haven't read it yet. Thanks for the little
quote in there, by the way. I still remember that moment on the
battlefield at Pennsic - major goosebumps, to say the least!

~Saradwen, briefly quoted in "The Knights Next Door"
Marche of Gwyntarian
Midrealm