[Sca-librarians] Re: Sca-librarians Digest, Vol 9, Issue 5

cat_Herder at comcast.net cat_Herder at comcast.net
Fri Mar 11 16:33:30 CST 2005

> 1. Advice requested for SCA book author (POdonn5592 at aol.com)
> 2. Re: Advice requested for SCA book author (Stefan li Rous)
> 3. Re: Advice requested for SCA book author (POdonn5592 at aol.com)
> 4. Re: Advice requested for SCA book author (Sally Burnell)
> 5. Re: Advice requested for SCA book author
> (john.sandstrom at sbcglobal.net)
> 6. Re: Advice requested for SCA book author (Robin Carroll-Mann)
> 7. Re: Advice requested for SCA book author (Jane Lowry)

> Message: 1
> Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 13:39:43 -0500
> From: POdonn5592 at aol.com
> Subject: [Sca-librarians] Advice requested for SCA book author
> To: sca-librarians at lists.gallowglass.org
>
> Greetings. I am the author of a new book about the SCA, The Knights Next Door:
> Everyday People Living Middle Ages Dreams. I am hoping that many libraries will
> carry the book, particularly since the SCA has a large crowd of low-budget
> participants. However, because I self-published through a print-on-demand
> company, the library publications I have found will not consider it for review.
>
> Can any of you suggest ways to bring this book to the attention of the others in
> your field.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Patrick O'Donnell/Mael Patraic macDomnaill
> Author of The Knights Next Door
> www.knightsnextdoor.com

That's weird, our local shire mailing list just received an email 2 days ago from one of the librarians in the local Public Library System telling us that he had ordered several books produced by SCA members for the Main Library Downtown and that your book was one of them. He went out and searched for our group *after* ordering the books because he was so excited about them and was excited to find a local group in his hometown. He's been asking all kinds of questions about the SCA since.

Tamara
Trimaris