[Sca-librarians] [jahb@Lehigh.EDU: [Fwd: archive of esoteric Ren. texts, symbols]]

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Wed Mar 30 14:26:34 CST 2005

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	archive of esoteric Ren. texts, symbols
Date: 	Tue, 29 Mar 2005 19:19:57 -0500
From: 	David Wilson-Okamura <david at virgil.org>
To: 	Web4Ren <web4ren at lists.lrz-muenchen.de>, Spenser
<sidney-spenser at jiscmail.ac.uk>

I can't vouch for the scholarliness of the editions used, but if your
ears perk up when you hear the names Johannes Trithemius, Heinrich
Agrippa, Athanasius Kircher, Giordano Bruno, and John Dee, check out

Twilit Grotto: Archives of Western Esoterica
http://www.esotericarchives.com/esoteric.htm

This site is a member of the "Enochian WebRing" so you know it has to be
good! Also includes "Reginald Scot's collection of magical texts: A fine
example of Elizabethan English." Doesn't have anything about Merlin (I
mean John Dee's) crystal ball on the homepage, but I'm sure it's in here
somewhere. And there are pictures, too: angelic sigils, planetary
sigils, several magic circles, and Dee's holy table:
http://www.esotericarchives.com/gifs/gifs.htm

Dr. David Wilson-Okamura    http://virgil.org          david at virgil.org
English Department          Virgil reception, discussion, documents, &c
East Carolina University    Sparsa et neglecta coegi. -- Claude Fauchet

/   Jennifer Heise, Helpdesk/Librarian, Email: jahb at lehigh.edu
\ \ Lehigh Library & Technology Services, Phone: (610) 758-3072
 / Fairchild-Martindale Library, 8A Packer Ave, Bethlehem PA 18015

"Comment is free, but facts are on expenses." -- Tom Stoppard

----- End forwarded message -----

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"Even monsters don't like to be misunderstood." - J. Von Culin