[Sca-librarians] Worldcat

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Fri Oct 21 14:37:24 CDT 2005

Ok-- this is what their homepage says at
http://www.oclc.org/worldcat/

WorldCat is the foundation of many OCLC services
<http://www.oclc.org/worldcat/access/default.htm> that let your library
process, manage and share information resources. And with its records
now "opened" <http://www.oclc.org/worldcat/open/default.htm> to Web
search, bookselling and bibliography sites, holdings in your collection
are even more easily located and obtained by both your local patrons and
a broad-based Internet usership.

  Open WorldCat partner sites

Currently, these partners' public-facing Web sites offer user searching
of WorldCat records:

    * Abebooks (abebooks.com <http://www.abebooks.com/>)
    * Alibris (alibris.com <http://www.alibris.com/>)
    * Antiquarian Booksellers' Association of America (abaa.com
      <http://www.abaa.com/>)
    * Biblio (biblio.com <http://www.biblio.com/>)
    * BookPage (bookpage.com <http://www.bookpage.com/>)
    * Google (google.com <http://www.google.com/>)
    * HCI Bibliography (hcibib.com <http://www.hcibib.com/>)
    * Yahoo! Search (search.yahoo.com <http://search.yahoo.com/>)

So try those and see how it works for you.

Johnnae