[Sca-librarians] Quick Hello

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Jan 30 20:58:57 CST 2006

On Jan 30, 2006, at 7:15 PM, Apolloniavoss wrote:
> My name is Apollonia Voss. I hale from the East Kingdom’s Southern
> Region in the Shire of Owlsherste.  I am the Director of
> Information Services and Materials for Martin Library (a medium
> sized, urban, public library) in York, PA.
Welcome to the SCA-librarians list, Apollonia,

You mention that you are from the Shire of Owlisherste. I've not
heard of this Shire before. Do you know what the name stands for and
why it was chosen or any interesting tidbits about how and why its
armory was selected? I run a website called the Florilegium and in
the section SCA-STORIES I have a pair of placenames-msg file giving
such info for various groups. Of indeed I don't have any info in
there on the Shire of Owlisherste, I'd love to get a message I could
add to the second of the two files.
> Strangely enough <sarcasm intended> my lively hood has a direct
> impact on my SCA activities.  I’m a researcher who is hugely
> interested in researching and creating new things. ;-)
You mention an interest in researching and creating new things. Have
you written any articles on SCA subjects or projects you have
researched? I'm always looking for good additions for the
Florilegium. Since the site is free, I'm afraid I have no funds
available to pay authors, but the copyright stays with the author and
I will take updates or withdrawl requests at any time. I also have no
problem with an article being published elsewhere. I just want to get
good, useful info out to where SCA folks can use it. The site does
have readers from all over the Known World and has a pretty high 'hit
rate', so it does offer some visibility for your work.

The same offer goes for anyone else on this list as well. A&S
documentation and class handouts will often work as well, if they can
stand-alone without the class or A&S project.

Thanks for listening,

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas