[Sca-librarians] looking for a book

mhermance4 mhermance4 at myway.com
Mon Sep 11 12:43:37 CDT 2006

 the problem is probably not so much that she is unable to find it, as that she is unable to find it for free. I just transferred to a library where I could finally learn a bit more about the ins and outs of ILL. i found that public libraries do not as a rule have reciprocal loan agreements with university libraries, and inded, not with all the  public libraries in the country. Different library systems have different payment systems and agreements. If your library only searches within Maryland, that title is only available in various university libraries. You can ask her if it's possible to pay for the loan (I just paid $15.00 for a title that I couldn't get any other way.)
 Failing all else, you can try visiting:

 Johns Hopkins
 Loyola-Notre Dame
 National Library of Medicine
 St. Mary's College
 U of Maryland, Col Park (College? Colonial?)
 Uniformed Service University of the Health Sciences

Good luck, Tuiren