[Sca-librarians] looking for a book

Fiadnata fiadnata at dnaco.net
Mon Sep 11 19:24:38 CDT 2006

Greetings,

Actually, often DoD libraries will lend to public libraries, esp. if
it's a public library within their state -- I know we do. (In fact,
having lived in both Michigan and Kentucky for so long, I'll often
lend to public libraries in those states, as well.) And federal/DoD
libraries are not allowed to charge for interlibrary loans to other
libraries.

The only things our library is hesitant to lend are older books in
dubious condition (we have quite a few of those since we have
existed, in one form or another, since 1919) and technical reports.
For technical reports, we refer people to NTIS, where they can
purchase copies.

Fiadnata
mka Carol Reed
Library Director (formerly Coordinator for ILL)
Air Force Research Laboratory Technical Library
Wright-Patterson AFB, OH