[Sca-librarians] Fwd: OT: architecture

Nancy Shapiro tiggyn at alum.wellesley.edu
Tue Jul 10 11:49:24 CDT 2007

Sorry, forgot to put list address in.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Nancy Shapiro <tiggyn at alum.wellesley.edu>
Date: Jul 10, 2007 12:47 PM
Subject: Re: [Sca-librarians] OT: architecture
To: petruvoda at videotron.ca

I don't know of any list, but if he's thinking of building something, I
recommend looking at Rien Poortvliet's _Daily Life in Holland in the Year
1566 and the Story of My ancestor's Treasure Chest_.  Good pictures of Dutch
townhouses with at least one floor plan & cutaway.  He might also want to
speak to Marian of Edwinstowe whose shop at Pennsic for many years
(Battlefield Bakery) was based on such a design.  Is she on this list?  If
not, I will forward this to her.

Is there perhaps a list/gathering of the people who build stuff at/for
Pennsic?  There was a presentation class on Structures at Pennsic or
somesuch one year, as well as occasional walking tours.

Ki-lin