[Sca-librarians] TI Bibliography Format

John Sandstrom john.sandstrom at sbcglobal.net
Sun May 20 22:42:05 CDT 2007

Greetings to the list--

Personally, I don't have any problem with the format the new Editor wants to
use.  All the information I need to find the book/article/resource is there.

I think that the issue will come with the authors having already used a
format and not being willing to go back and change how they did their
bibliography for publication.  At least that was my experience as editor.

I also think that the limits to size/length of bibliographies and end notes
are unfortunate and could (note I said COULD) have the effect of limiting
the "level" of article that is submitted for publication.  My experience was
that people would send you articles and most of them were not very willing
to make rewrites or reformatting for publication.  Most of the time, I ended
up changing them myself during the editing process.

Omar
Past Editor, TI