[Sca-librarians] RE: TI Bibliography Format

Mary mary_m_haselbauer at yahoo.com
Thu May 24 10:33:16 CDT 2007

I think limiting the length of bibilographies is a
good idea. Too many times I've seen a bloated "look
how smart I am" working bibs that do not indicate what
actually are the useful souces. The only problem might
be with an annotated bib. I'd hate to see something
like that cut. Again, it lets you know what the useful
sources are.

I work from some sketchy article requests so I think
I'd be happy with author title and journal and page
numbers. If you're saving space who the heck needs to
know where a book was published unless it is really
obscure.

If it is any consolation the professional journal that
the association I work for puts out is going with a
similar format. Shorter articles with limited
bibiographies. They are making their online journal
the offical one and it contains a lot more information
than the print issue. Our editor cited several other
journals that are doing this too.

I always saw TI as the corporate heart of SCA. It was
something that tied us together. Once it was practicle
information on how to make stuff but since that
information is easy to find on the web the new format
makes perfect sense to me. Interkingdom anthropology
is a lot less easy to Google than say, how to make a
cothardie.

Cheers,
Slaine
B3R Calontir

Library Assistant for the American Association of
Orthodontists.