[Sca-librarians] The SCA Librarian song

Apollonia Voss apolloniavoss at comcast.net
Tue Apr 15 21:01:31 CDT 2008

Was I the only person who didn’t know that Northshield has a special song
for us?  Has anyone heard the SCA Librarian song outside of that Kingdom?

Kudrun Pilegrim has given me permission to post the lyrics.  I was honored
and tickled to have it sung for me while visiting last month.  I’ve got a
picture of folks singing to upload sometime soon.

 SCA Librarians rock!

Thanks Kudrun and Sorcha and extra special thanks to Anplica!  I met at
least six of us throughout the course of the week, unfortunately I do not
remember everyone’s name.  Anplicia even arranged it so I could attend an
event which in the area.  (You’re awesome, Anplicia.) I had a great time in
Minneapolis, Saint Paul and Rochester.  I hope to do something similar on a
future trip.  I definitely plan to revisit Northshield.

~A

Apollonia Voss

Tune:  "Country Gardens"  by Percy Grainger  (If you’d like to hear the tune
See: YouTube video” Grainger plays Country Gardens”
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEpg7bmNL8Y )

You have a question, we'll find the answers

We're SCA librarians!

Helping the people in all circumstances

We're true humanitarians.

Climatology of Spain,

Photographs of Charlemagne,

All kinds of information.

How to sew a houpellande,

Topo maps of Samarqand,

We'll find a dissertation.

You want to know, we'll tell you where to go

No task is insurmountable

We know where to look, We'll find it in a book

Or in something electronical.

Rules to use a morris board,

Table manners of the Horde,

Genitive conjugations.