[Sca-librarians] Jobs in Libraries

Loren D Mendelsohn lmend at sci.ccny.cuny.edu
Thu Apr 17 14:13:44 CDT 2008

Speaking from my experience as "lifer" (20+ years) in
academic librarianship, plus my current experience of
serving on my library's executive (hiring, promotion, and
tenure) committee:

I'd suggest that you consider eventually picking up a
second masters degree, which is extremely helpful if
you're job hunting in the academic world.  Many colleges
and universities require 2nd masters for tenure and
promotion and tend to look more kindly on applicants that
already have the extra degree than those who don't.

-- Galefridus Peregrinus, MKA
    Prof. Loren D. Mendelsohn
    Chief, Science/Engineering Library
    City College of New York