[Sca-librarians] table of contents needed

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Tue Dec 14 12:20:47 CST 2010

the contents were listed in the entry on worldcat.

OCLC Number: 52726680 Description: li, 394 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
Contents: Beliefs in Spirits among the Pre-Islamic Arabs / Joseph
Henninger --
Hermes and Harran: The Roots of Arabic-Islamic Occultism / Francis E.
Peters --
The Theory of Magic in Healing / Michael W. Dols --
The Rod of Moses in Arabic Magic / A. Fodor --
The Decipherment of Arabic Talismans / Tewfik Canaan --
Islamic Seals: Magical or Practical? / Venetia Porter --
Weather Forecasting in the Arabic World / Charles Burnett --
Islamic Geomancy and a Thirteenth-Century Divinatory Device: Another
Look / Emilie Savage-Smith, Marion B. Smith --
Ibn Taymiyya on Astrology: Annotated Translation of Three Fatwas /
Yahya J. Michot --
The Role of the Astrologer in Medieval Islamic Society / George Saliba.

Johnna