[Sca-librarians] "Mc" vs. "Mac"

FV/Rafaella rafaella13 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 19 23:16:00 CDT 2011

I remember from my pages test this rule from this source:
In the ALA Rules for Filing Catalog Cards, 2nd ed., names beginning with M', Mc, and Mac were all filed as if spelled Mac. (word-by-word)

but as someone else said, our ILS is letter-by-letter. This is currently in conflict with what my access services team does out on the floor (but it's not a big enough problem that I'm hell-bent to "solve" it cuz it would mean a lot of reshelving and we're at skeleton staff now...)

Rafaella