[Sca-librarians] More on bugs from HRH Runa

Judith A Kirk judith.a.kirk at wmich.edu
Fri Jan 14 08:34:23 CST 2011

Shared with permission--Siobhan

***************
According to what I found on a Google Search:

"By placing the books in a standard oven at the lowest temperature
possible (130° F for 3 hours) and placing wet newspaper or a pan of water
in the bottom of the oven to maintain humidity inside the oven chamber,
all stages of this insect, and in fact any insect, will be killed"

I have a friend who recently went through disinfecting all of her books
after her apt got an infestion.  I will try and contact her to see if she
altered this procedure at all for better results (in a couple hours, as
she is in California).

HRH Runa