[Sca-librarians] Omeka

FV/Rafaella rafaella13 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 16 14:22:27 CDT 2011

Greetings all.

Greenstone is an open-source digital asset management system but it takes larger technical know-how than I have to make it work (I modernly run ContentDM). We're looking at hosted DSpace and Fedora in my library to see if we prefer those platforms but we don't have the technical staff to support a home-grown implementation.

I'm also looking at this kind of project, specifically for the Office of the Kingdom Scribe here in AnTir (I inherited a hodge-podge of books, slides, photo positives and digitized pix) so please, everyone, share openly.

I'm thinking something web-based like one of the photo sites just to get started (flickr, smugbug, photobucket). I've used Irfanview in the past. I need to do more research. Streetlight looks interesting (http://www.crcstudio.org/streetprintorg/engine.php)

YIS,
Rafaella