[Sca-librarians] [settmour_swamp] A wonderful resource: free books from the Metropolitan Museum of Art

Galefridus Peregrinus galefridus at optimum.net
Sun Oct 14 21:15:44 CDT 2012

One of my standard research strategies is to surf the tables of contents of recent books from selected publishers. Since my interests are primarily food-related, I look at publishers that specialize in culinary history. Whatever titles I find that look interesting, I pursue usually through interlibrary loan. I've come across a lot of really cool stuff by through this method. Doubtless other publishers focus on areas specific to each of our many A&S interests, so I would expect this method would work well for other A&S disciplines.

-- Galefridus