[Artemisia] A&S Catgries for equestrians

Willa - Rose yasmeena at juno.com
Thu Nov 6 16:12:11 CST 2003

Hello there,
I am putting a final polish on my equestrian and houndsman handbook for
Artemisia... finally.... and I wanted to include the list of A&S
categories,etc. where equestrians and houndsmen can enter for
competition. So far these are the ones I have passed on to all I can get
into a class with their undivided attention. evil grin They came about
when Roweena was MOAS for the kingdom.

D.	Arts and Sciences Grand Categories of Artemisia
1. Alchemy – horse ointments and liniments.
2. Armor – equestrian armor such as the crinet, chamfron, peytral and
crupper.
3. Costuming, Tourney – Equestrian style.
4. Demonstration Projects - 10-minute limit of training exercises.
5. Equestrian, Tack and Trappings – Saddles, bridles, bits, trappings and
bardings.
6. Equestrian Performance – Demonstration (video) of technique, i.e.,
period styles of riding (Norman, Persian and Dressage) a solo or group
Kur (musical ride).
7. Fief Holding – Animal husbandry and housing.
8. Heraldic Display – Heraldic displays in any media. This includes
parades – 10-minute limit.
9. Leatherwork, Non-Armor – Shaped, tooled, etc.
10. Metalwork Functional Non-Jewelry – Stirrups, bits, horseshoes.
11. Tools – Horse picks, pitchforks.
12. Toys & Games – Quintain, and other equestrian games used to sharpen
skill at arms. This one has not been approved by the Kingdom Minister of
Arts and Sciences as yet.
13. Weapons – Equestrian lances for the quintain and ringtilt, javelins,
horse maces.
c. Woodwork Functional – Saddle trees.

Thank you,
Yasmeena

Mu'allemah (Mistress) Yasmeena bint al Ahlam, OP, Cd'O
Minister of the Royal Stables of Artemisia
Companion of the Company of St. Anne
http://lanceofstanne.homestead.com/yasmeena.html
The Interkingdom Mounted Military Company