[Artemisia] crosses in heraldry

raedwulf raedwulf at favorites.com
Thu Nov 20 12:32:22 CST 2003

Open minded in no way means politically correct!  When I say open minded I mean that I don't care if people are of different religions, races, sexual preferences, etc.  I am not one to be politically correct.  (That's boring, in my opinion.)

I was once given a very beautiful cross as a token from someone I cherish dearly.  It was his way of saying he appreciated me and what I did for him and others.  It was his belief (and his persona's belief).  I was not offended that he gave it to me, and he was not offended that I never wore it.  It's kept in a special place on my dresser and the thought meant more than what the token actually was.

My point is that even if the event is called 'Solstice' or 'Twelfth Night' there are not any pagan rituals or any other religious things that happen at the event.  That's just what it is called.  Giving someone a site token of a religious nature and making them wear it is something entirely different.

I don't mean to offend, this is just the opinion of a non-Christian  :o)

HL Megen