[Artemisia] [Aerie] RE: Identifing those who serve

rapierfghtr Rapierfghtr at AOL.com
Fri Oct 10 22:52:14 CDT 2003

Greetings,
          M'lord Micheal. I do agree with you about some falling
through the cracks. the cracks are growing. I too have traveled to
and fought in several different kingdoms. I don't wish to defame or
belittle anyones accomplishments, I have a tenency to call things as
I see them. As for the economics and region, when I said it "seems" I
mearly wanted to make a point that as an issue it comes to the people
inhabiting these areas. The true heart of the problem is to me, a
lack of caring. Not by one individual, but by the body as a whole.
Many become wrapped up in the "game" often forgetting it is just
that...a game. Those who are left in the afermath simply get tired of
it and quit. Wich results in low numbers. Wheather they have played a
year, or twenty. And that is disconcerning to me. I have encountered
many who believe that they themselvs are more important than one
person at an event. When the truth be told, all hold equal importance
not just the individual of title. Yes the king and queen are the
exception, they are the patrons of our kingdom and should be held in
high regaurd.
        If people wish to earn thier title then that should be done
and rightly so. For of course the right reasons. Those who are not
recognized should be and rightly so. But the core of the problem is
those who see service being done and make no mention of it. It is the
duty of all to help others, and have fun doing so. Is that not the
dream? Is that not the good side of the middle ages? People fail to
see this, and when they don't get what they think they deserve, well
you know the rest. On the other side of that however, those who do
deserve are to timid to speak up. Hence the idea of helping others,
speak up for them. And let them know not only you see the good, but
that you intend to help everyone else see too.
        As the saying goes "you reap what you sew". Perhaps we have
all brought this upon ourselvs, and now is the time to take off the
blinders and see the entire picture.

Yours in service
Lyon MacKeegan
Bronzehelm, Kingdom of Artemisia