[Artemisia] [Aerie] To post or not to post, that is the Question.

james hayes WiseDragon at msn.com
Sat Oct 11 22:59:53 CDT 2003

James the Wise Here

       The Choice is "Is it better to post and be reviled or just to listen to people who have little experience with the S.C.A. and it's multiple forms of non-sense." Since I was here when Artemisia became a Kingdom I can tell you that we never had 500 members when we finally became a kingdom it was closer to 420. (Wow that sounds like a break some people might need to take). I think Politics in the S.C.A. comes about from people who have no real power taking themselves too seriously. I have refrained from making any posts here because it is so hard to know what the people running this board will consider "Spam". I personally think anything that some people in the S.C.A. in Artemisia might be interested in should be a valid post but the powers that be tend to disagree.

   Let me state here that I have been a a card carrying member of the S.C.A. for over 18 years! I have put up with one political regium after another. I think it  comes down to the specific fact that the S.C.A. is run by Fighters and fighting is what is now promoted in the S.C.A. Those people who make the S.C.A. what  it is are ignored. The more you do for this group the more it will take advantage of you. The only people who get awards are the ones "Known by the King". There are people who have been in the S.C.A. 20 , 25 years and never gotten an award.

     All we promote, any more, is fighting. The people in "Charge continue to turn their backs on people who do work in this kingdom and also continue to give awards that the populace many times knows are not deserved. I have for years proposed that "No award be given without the king personally taking with at least a few members in the shire that the individual resides in." Yet this is never done.

      Here's another thought" Why is it we have no awards for those who Teach???" And Please don't give me any B.S. that we do.Why is it the last decade that we now allow mundane reality to govern many of the awards that we give?

  What is honor and chivalry in this group any more? Does anyone believe in it or is it just fighting? I have seen so many things that I consider "Despicable" in the S.C.A., And I am quite sure that people will "Jump all over my case for these opinions, never the less I will continue with them until I have said what I have to say here and then "I will go and Join that "Other Group"

   When Artemisia was a Principality, We had awards for Arts and Sciences and Awards for Service , these awards were the Maple leaf and the Pillar. These were the Highest awards in our land. When we became a Kingdom these awards were all but wiped out and replaced with the new Kingdom Pillar and Maple leaf. Those of us who had those awards were no longer recognized as having contributed to this kingdom and less than a tenth have ever been given the new Kingdom awards. We were  told about how "We could now receive this award a second time." Those of us who had the awards worked hard to get them the first time. When a award moves from the highest Principality award to a Kingdom award either the Name of the Award should change or the people who have it should have the award elevated. This is just an example of "Power politics" The new order effectively wiped out anybody they didn't like who may have had the slightest bit of power in Arts and Sciences and service. I've worked at teaching for 18 years in the S.C.A. and mostly what I have gotten for that is ridicule. I have  recently been offered the opportunity to teach the same things I've taught in the S.C.A. for money. I am tired of giving away my knowledge to people who are less than "Ungrateful!" Recently the Latest "Power ploy" has come about , there will now be an Arts and Sciences College where everyone can get points and once again "Start at the Bottom". Imagine how this must make those of us feel who have worked for 18,19 ,20 years to get awards equal to knights. In other words " A Peerage" Where -as the average Knight has only been in the S.C.A. three or four years. And exactly how does one become a Knight? By fighting of course.

       The simple facts are " The S.C.A. is  very Biased group and it is Biased toward fighters. It is also very Biased toward people who are close to "Kingdom Central". Finally it is biased toward "Power Clicks"  In other words those people who already have the awards make sure those who do not have them do not get them unless they are part of the "Power Group" Of course the "Power Group" will disavow any knowledge of their actions.

Some-one mentioned earlier about the number of people on this list but if you actually look at where people are from only about half of them are actually in Artemisia.

      There are two points that should be considered in this letter of mine. In the First, people say " It's no longer fun" and they are right. We let petty dictators rule and make all there friends lords and ladies but we ignore the people who do the work. What's even worse is that many of the people who do work or teaching in the S.C.A. are actively persecuted by the people who do the fighting. Thusly after a time they no longer want to do the work. Someone pointed out that We should be doing "More demos" well that would be fine if people didn't try to "Drive out anyone they don't like" so that in the end there are no people with initiative to do the work. The second point I would like to make is "There is no Honor or Chivalry left" or very little , The highest people in the land routinely break their words. There is almost no attempt at "Dressing in Garb" And there is no "Team work" Our society is lead mostly by "Dysfunctional Leaders" This is because we are all "Misfits" who were looking for a place to fit in and thought we had found it. However as time goes by the people at the top of the chain form their own little "Clicks" and decide that everyone outside their group is a misfit and does not deserve to be in the S.C.A. and surely does not deserve an award. Over the years I have always had a policy and that is "If the person has done the work , It does not matter if I like them or not ( And you can ask anyone) I sign the petition for them to get the awards they deserve. If everyone in the S.C.A. would do the same, there would be a lot more diversity at the top of the chain of command and a lot more "Satisfied People." Instead we have "Disgruntled people" feeling that they have been mistreated and they have. One of the worse things that I see in the S.C.A. is that people do not "Lead by Example" In other words you see people like the King and Queen wearing tennis shoes and base ball hats. What kind of an attempt at wearing garb is that? And what does that say to new young people who are easily influenced?

        Finally , in this group , there are few of us that are rich; little that most of us do will ever have an influence on anything outside of this group; but there are people here who continue to take joy in persecuting others because they don't like them or agree with them. I say "This is Wrong and it does not live up to my Ideals Of Honor and Chivalry! If you have any doubt as to what those words mean to "me" , Please See my Web site! I have defined a whole list of terms and correct behavior for them. And in case you disagree with those definitions , "Let's hear your own." In case you Don't know I am the Head of House Dragon a House Hold that has existed in this Kingdom for almost 20 years. I've seen people come and go and I am ready to go. One more thing , someone asked for a definition of politics. "Well this has been a Political Statement folks!" And I'm not a lurker I just have been involved in enough politics in this Kingdom ! My very first post to this group back in May was not posted even though I am a long time known member of the S.C.A. Why? You might ask because of Politics! This is also the second time I have tired to post this and It will get posted this time!

    Thanks
               His Lordship James The Wise.

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/LmiolB/TM