[Artemisia] Hold on to your hats...

Godwin fitzGilbert de Striguil archergodwin at cableone.net
Thu Oct 23 08:00:15 CDT 2003

Okay, so this is going to seem a little topsy turvy here...

Folks, lets remember that most opinions are formed out of experience.
True, if a person chooses not to experience a continuation of something,
then that person can only rely on a past experience to gauge their
opinion by.

If their 'continuation of something', let's call it the SCA dream, is
being replaced by a higher dream for a period of time, let's say about 4
years or so, we cannot fault them their opinion based on that past
experience.

However neither is it correct to judge current processes, based on that
opinion of past experience. It is by all sides, out of date.

If we choose to ignore the spark of truth however large or small, in
anther's opinion, then we should expect the same in return. Which is
where most conversations end up: completely galvanized in our own
'rightness'.

I applaud Michael's efforts to be on the 2004 Olympic archery team for
the USA. That is his higher dream that takes precedence over any other
he has right now.

I do not applaud his judgments of the people of Artemisia, based on an
opinion frozen in time.

I applaud the denizens of this Kingdom in their fervent defense of the
re-creating that we do.

I do not applaud us in our all to often human fault of refusing to see
even the smallest bit of truth in someone else's opinion.

Trust me, there are 4 fingers pointing back at me, and I know it. I've
flamed people, and I've shot from the hip and asked questions later. It
does no good in fostering resolution. I include myself in any statement
I make about the populace, and I stand at the forefront to take the
first return blow, so to speak.

I have chosen the other path, which is to look for that thread of truth
in what somebody has passion to speak about. (geesh, I sound like a
monk, or a small bald kid holding a spoon ;)

Now then, let's all get back to some constructive interaction.

I believe the thread involved a Noble person wanting to hand out
personal coins to people they saw doing good, or newbies or whatever
their heart desired.

Go for it. It's your game.

Godwin