[Artemisia] OH the YEARS.

Sue / KyneWynn kynewynn at iglide.net
Fri Oct 24 15:59:19 CDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Georgia Foster" <jo_foster81 at hotmail.com>
To: <artemisia at lists.gallowglass.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2003 10:17 PM
Subject: [Artemisia] OH the YEARS.

> OK ... been watching this post for the last few, and a thought has just
> struck my mind.   better get it out quick before it dies alone.
>
> How long has everyone (who is interseted in telling) been involved in this
> widest game?

Okay, I'll bite. . .
My first introduction to the SCA was a library display in 1000 Eyes,  I
called the phone number of one Alan Youngforest,  and was invited to a
fighter practice where I met Baron Edwrd, Alasandra -- and started with
Rapier fighting that night with Geoffrey the procrastinator, of course in
those days we were using epee's -- (my how things have changed) -- that was
14 years ago.  My first event was the last Uprising held at Sealander Park,
and I was must have looked awful in my try for medieval clothing! -- I was
however warmly welcomed,  and I've been playing ever since, although I have
taken a sabbatical now and then when the pressures of mundane life became
the priority.   I am  sure glad I made that first phone call,  it's created
some great friendships for me through the years.
YIS,
Lady KyneWynn the Kind
College of Arrows' Flight,
Formerly of 1000 Eyes