[Artemisia] stirring of the pot

leishman10 at juno.com leishman10 at juno.com
Sun Aug 22 22:03:43 CDT 2004

All right, I'll bite...

Having been a newby once, and still am in a lot of ways... we all make
really stupid mistakes and say really idiodic things... myself included.

Someone once told me that for a gentleman to wear a blue feather in his
hat announced to the world that he was of a 'gentler persuasion'... so,
at Estrella, while we were shopping for hats and beautiful feathers... I,
in hearing distance of the proprietor,  told my husband that under no
circumstances was he to buy or wear a  blue feather (not why, just don't)
... I then earned for myself a lecture on tolerance from said
proprietor.. whom I now deeply respect for doing so.

While I'm sure there are 'histories' behind such 'guidelines', they show
a lack of growth within the community and a lack of acceptance for those
who are different.

May we all learn to be more tolerant, speak more kindly to each other,
learn to apologize when needed,  learn to accept the apologies when given
and move on.  Life is way to short for some of this stuff.

Thanks for listening

Bethoc