[Artemisia] Motorcycle Rallies in Durango (was Brewing & Drumming Tourneys at Silver Pass IX)

Adriana adriana_riverhold at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 23 05:32:48 CDT 2004

> Greetings I saw in our local paper that there are several motorcycle
> rallies in the Durango area Labor Day weekend.
Will they be camping with us?
Any effect on our camping?

> Stefan

Greetings to you Stefan,

Good questions, and the answers are no and no.

The Four Corners Iron Horse Motorcycle Rally, planned for Mancos,
not far from our event site, was cancelled.

The Four Corners Rally in the Rockies will be based in Ignacio, 23
miles southeast of Durango.  There will be a parade and some other
activities in Durango.

The Silver Pass site is about 17-1/2 miles west and south (Hwys 160
and 140) of Durango.  It is a very large private property and no
one else will be using it.

Depending on your timing and route to the site you may encounter
motorcyclists traveling to Ignacio and Durango.

Thanks for bringing this up.
In service,
Adriana