[Artemisia] Artemisian Coronation Sept. 10-12

Jeff Webster red_belt at msn.com
Mon Aug 30 09:26:57 CDT 2004

Well,
As I sent this yesterday afternoon and it still has not posted, I will send
it again in hopes that it passes the test it failed yesterday.

Greetings list,
I am reminding all of you that if you are partaking, or planning on
partaking of the feast at Coronation I must have your reservations and
payment by no later than September 1. There are several of you who have
called or emailed and asked to be added to the list. Be forewarned that if I
don't have your money, your reservation is invalid. The feast steward has
many preparations and much to buy in the way of food stuffs. This is a
reasonable timeframe for her and her assistants to prepare. Therefore we
must insist on reservations and pre-pay by the 1st. That is only 3 days
away. There are over 40 reservations to date, and there will only be a total
of 100 reservations granted. Please, please get me those reservations.
Many Thanks,
Ulric
Event Steward

BTW for those who need a memory jog, or have not read it yet:

                                                     Artemisian Coronation
September 10-12
                                 Wendell, Idaho

Greetings Glorious Artemisia !
  The time has come for that most auspicious of events in our faire Kingdom,
the Coronation of the Fifteenth King and Queen. By deed of arms, His Royal
Highness Reinmar Wolfmeier will ascend the Gryffins Throne and take for his
Queen his lovely Lady Wife and the inspiration for his numerous victories,
Her Royal Highness Albreda Wolfkeeper. The Crown Prinze and Prinzessin ask
that all who read this missive or who hear of this wonderful event by the
spoken word attend them in their moment of shining glory.
The Coronation will be a camping event over the weekend of September 10 -
12. All who would trek to witness the spectacle that is an Artemisia
Coronation know this:
  The site opens at the noon hour on Friday the 10th of September. The day
will be filled with camp set-up, laughter, singing and finding old friends.
The evening will be filled with baric and revelry.
   On Saturday morning Warriors of pure blood and coat armor will vie for
the right to be the champion of the King and the Queen. Kings champion
tourney will be open to all those Knights who have the stamina and wish to
test their mettle against their peers. A traditional 5 weapons tourney will
decide the one warrior who will have the honor to be Kings Champion and
defender. Queens champion tourney will be open to all those good gentles
with coursing blood and icy steel courage. This tourney is limited to all
those "non belted" fighters who wish the honor of protecting the Queen and
championing any cause she sees just and fit. A double elimination, choice of
weapons format dominates this tourney. The gallant combatants of the Rapier
will tourney to see who will have the honorable right to be Their Majesties
Rapier Champion and the defender of all who are just and of good cause.
    A schedule of events is as follows: Rapier Tourney begins at 1:30.
Un-belted Queens Champion Tourney begins at 3:00. Belted, Kings Champion
Tourney beings at 4:00. At or near 7:00 there will be feasting provided by
Mistress Kristianne de Chance and the Abbey. It will be a period Byzantine
feast and is limited to the first one hundred gentles who have
pre-registered and pre-paid by September the 1st. The cost of the feast is a
paltry $10.00 per person.
  The final Court and Recession of our beloved and honorable King and Queen,
Konrad and Kortland will begin by torchlight at 9:00 pm or at Their
Majesties whim. A solemn occasion and a glorious celebration. Immediately
following, the Coronation of our newest King and Queen will commence with
all the pageantry and excitement that is Artemisia! Opening court will
immediately follow including but not limited to the accolades for the
victorious fighters of the days tourney. The business of the Crown will be
satisfied and court will then be adjourned. Their Royal Highnesses would
like to embrace the wondrous variety which does surround us all, and thus,
they do ask Their Populace to dress in colors and styles which best fit
their individual and unique personas, although the theme of the day is 11th
century German. Later, after the Coronation and court there will be bardic
and revelry unequaled. Joyous celebration in honor of our newest Monarchs.
The Crown Prinze has declared that the bardic will have a prize fashioned to
his Royal whim. The rules are simple, an SCA filk to the tune of a "Disney"
song.....interesting.
   Sunday finds all good gentles packing and readying for the adventurous
trek back to their homes, Shires and Baronies. The event (and site) closes
at the noon hour on Sunday the 12th of September.
   The Site: Emerson Pugmire Memorial Park, also know as Niagara Springs
Park and the site of many a Hearthwarming in the Shire of Twae Linnes. The
site is 7 miles south of Wendell Idaho off of the exit # 157. Take your best
route to the Kings Hwy (aka I-84) to Wendell turn south off of the exit. If
coming from the West, exit to your right. If coming from the East then exit
right and turn left over the Hwy overpass. There will be ample signage for
your assistance. Travel 7 miles to the canyon and follow the road down and
into the canyon, past our Good Kings fisheries to the site, (again there
will be ample signage).
   The site, although one of majesty and beauty, holds dangers to those
children and pets who would attend. There is a river near the site and it
readies its icy claws to all who enter. The park has permanent "facilities"
on site and plenty of cool sweet water for quenching the thirst. There are
no showers on site but the small hamlet of Wendell is a scant 7 miles away
and has shower facilities available. Multiple stores, merchants, and
eateries can be found there as well. The park has a large expanse of grass
for camping, tourneying and general revelry.
   This site is wet, nigh on to dripping. Also be it know that there will be
a surcharge for parking your chariot or wagon.
   Site Fee: There is a $10 site fee per person with a $3 surcharge for
non-members (remember to bring your cards or acceptable proof of
membership). Children under the age of 14 years have a discounted price to
$6. In addition there will be a $4 per day "parking fee" that was assessed
by the parks department, so "car-pooling" is suggested and encouraged.
Any further questions may be queried to the Event Steward or the Co-Steward.

   Event Steward:  THL Ulric de Dalyhel
   MKA:    Jeff Webster,   278 Buchanan St. Twin Falls, Idaho  83301
   Phone:   (208) 733-4856  or email:
red_belt at msn.com<mailto:red_belt at msn.com>  red (underscore) belt (at) msn
(dot) com

   Event Co-Steward:  Lady Pádraigín Ó hIfearnáin
   MKA:   Trish Webster  (same contact information as above)

   Cost of feast:  $10.00  -  pre-paid to the Event Steward by Sept 1st and
limited to the first 100
   gentles wishing to partake of a wonderful Byzantine Feast.