[Artemisia] Re: Event Thoughts

caointiarn caointiarn1 at juno.com
Sat Dec 11 10:57:02 CST 2004

 >Osondrea chimed in: People have pointed out to me for years now that I do
not have to spend the whole event in the corner working on scrolls. This is
something I choose todo. <> I enjoy working on them and the people that I
meet while doing the work. This is where the magic of most events happens
for me-not at a particular time, but while doing a particular thing. <

    YES!  Just as at any given event, when people are searching for me, they
find me in the kitchen.  This is where I learn and can teach  -- and meet
and become closer to cousins from other regions.

Just as FAMILY gatherings at Thanksgivings, significant anniversaries and
reunions are important, so are KINGDOM events.  Six times a year we should
be traveling and gathering together to renew & define what makes us a
Kingdom  -- to meet our newest cousins, to make contact with those we
haven't seen since our last gathering, to celebrate that we are Artemisia.
Sometimes that means we need a full day to travel, sometimes just a couple
hours, but travel to Kingdom events we ought.  It surprises me that people
are focused on attending Estrella and Uprising  year after year, and using a
week's worth of vacation time for each, but can't seem to find those 4 days
needed to travel to a  mere 4 Kingdom events.

Caointiarn {pregegisterd, and hoping she has the 7 days vacation time saved
up by then  -- which is why she can't attend Solstice today}