[Artemisia] Iron Ball Praise

Jeff Webster red_belt at msn.com
Wed Dec 22 22:05:27 CST 2004

Excellency,
  Thank you so much for the kind words. You well know that the event would
have not been a success had it not been for the presence of those good
gentles from Arn Hold and from the south in Loch Salann (I think) that
trekked many a mile to help make our little Shire event be as well attended
as it was.
  We were doubley honored by the presence of the King and Queen, who took
time from their busy schedules of running our Faire Kingdom to attend our
home Shire event.
  I thank everyone who attended the annual Tourney of the Iron Ball.
Although no snow was found in south central Artemisia, the Frozen Warrior
was again chosen. Our good King Reinmar.
  And yes, the food was excellent. The auction was a success. The tourney
was fun for both spectator and participant. The A&S competition was, albiet
small, a fun time.
  The lovely Lady Padraigin was honored as A&S champion of Twae Linnes for
high marks in her
calligraphy and illumination.
  Lady Petronilla, pardon me....Her Ladyship Petronilla was given the Golden
Sun in Splendour for her years of continuing service to this Kingdom.
  All and all, a fine turnout and a fine event..........sorry some of you
missed it.
  Did I mention how great the feast was ?

Ulric
(now ex-herald of Twae Linnes and