[Artemisia] Kingdom Traditions (Long)

Sondra Gibson sgibson at edulog.com
Mon Mar 8 13:49:59 CST 2004

> Who decides what constitutes great effort?

I wasn't thinking that it needed to be a formal "decision".  Pretty much any
Kingdom or Baronial herald that's likely to be serving their Majesties or
their Excellencies can probably look at something and say " this is a nifty
cool period item that has taken many hours to create". (banner, hand made
blade, etc.)

> My post was directed mostly at things like Uprising, where
> there are a
> lot of competitions.  I haven't experienced really long
> courts at most other events.
>
> Jehane

You're right in thinking that Courts at Uprising can be long, and I agree
that many awards at an event such as that could be given elsewhere.  I still
think that many of them should be announced in court, though.  At an event
where things are spread large distances apart it's impossible to know what's
happening in various different areas.  Court is the one place where people
with many different interests are gathered, and so is a good opportunity to
let everyone know the results of the various competitions.  (archery,
equestrian, rapier, armored combat, arts & sciences, etc.)

Gefjon