[Artemisia] Out-of-Court

Theodora (AKA Rachael) ladythea at myway.com
Tue Mar 9 17:03:09 CST 2004

Greetings, all.

I have really enjoyed this thread, even though I did not intend to get everyone started on this subject.  (BTW - I am still interested in hearing what you all think about Artemisian Traditions!!)

Their (then) Majesties Dahoud and Shajara did give a number of awards outside of court at last Uprising.  They went to encampments and found people at parties.  They especially did so for those who do not usually attend court.  If I recall correctly, they said something at the time about how obvious it can be when someone who does not usually attend court is dragged to court by their friends.  Oftentimes, they figure out why they are there.  :)  As a side benefit, they went to visit a number of places/encampments that they might not have visited otherwise.

I have also enjoyed the times when royalty is able to sit in state.  I have been able to formally introduce newer players to the royalty.  That is something that doesn't always happen for one reason or another, and can really enhance a newer player's experience.

Just my P.O.V.
Thea