[Artemisia] (no subject)

Kay Moore arrowyn at msn.com
Thu Mar 11 08:06:04 CST 2004

Greetings, All Artemisia!!!   We are proud to announce:

                                                    BARBARIAN BASH IX
                                                 April 23rd, 24th, and 25th
                                                     Shire of Crystal Crags

Once again, The Shire of Crystal Crags is hosting Barbarian Bash!  The theme
this year is 'The Celts Invade Rome', and folks will be coming from near and
far to do so!!  People from the East Kingdom, the Royalty from Avacal,
hopefully the Baron and Baroness of Wealdsmere will be able to join us (we
are keeping our fingers crossed on that one!), many of our friends from
Silverhart, Wealdsmere and Pendale;  our many friends of the Mongol Horde
and their enormous encampment, and many of our friends from around the
Kingdom of Artemisia!

Come renew old friendships, and make new ones!

We will be having a Champion of Heavy Weapons of Crystal Crags, Rapier
scenarios, Best Barbarian Persona competition, incredible edibles, a boffer
Tournament for the younger Barbarians (15 and under), as well as
axe-throwing, knife-throwing, spear-chucking and archery, great food, a
scavenger hunt for the Youth, as well as dancing and drumming til the wee
hours, Bardic, and our famous Live Auction!  Did I mention the food?  There
will also be at least 1 or more ale barrels to be tapped....

Also, our most honored friend and comrade, Chon Baatar Khaan will be
offering 2 classes focusing on wondrous things Mongol, and Jebe from An Tir
will also be drawing from his own vast knowledge of things Mongolian, and
there will be a marvelous Mongolian Feast of Honour in the enormous Mongol
Encampment- a small version was hosted by the Horde at Border Raid - trust
us, it wasn't 'small', and you WON'T want to miss this!!   Period Mongol
dishes will be featured - and the lamb is hand-raised!  Our fine friend Og
the Red from the East will also be traveling here, providing us with some of
his fine tales and who knows what else!

ALL and any Merchants are invited - no actual fee, but the Shire would ask a
small donation of an item for our Auction.

There will be food and drink with an Italian flair, a welcoming soup kitchen
on Friday, breakfast, lunch and an excellent feast on Saturday, as well as a
breakfast on Sunday.   This is a WET site, period containers please.  Pets
are welcome BUT YOU MUST PICK UP AFTER THEM!!!

FEES:  Site fee for the weekend is $10, $20 for RVs and campers (limited
space so call early to reserve!).  FOOD for the ENTIRE weekend is a paltry
$15 OR $5/day.  Checks should be made out to Shire of Crystal Crags, SCA
Inc.   Pre-register (especially for RVs and campers) at address below.   For
many reasons, if you can email us (Arrowyn) with an RSVP, we would greatly
appreciate it!    We already know of so many folks coming in, and we want to
provide great access and encampment sites for everyone - there are several
fine locations on the site - so if you can give us an idea of your
encampment size pavillion/tent size, and how many are traveling with you, it
would be great!

SITE:   Silver Oaks - the same site as the now-famous 'Pirate Party' of last
summer!  The site is just 3 miles south of Columbia Falls, and 10 miles east
of Kalispell.  Opens noon FRIDAY (Thursday by special permission) and closes
Sunday at 5:00pm.   FREE ENTRY for the furthest traveler!!    Plan for any
eventuality weather-wise!!

DIRECTIONS:  From the South:  Take your best route to Hwy 93.  Go to the
junction of Hwy 93 and Hwy 2 (in the center of Kalispell)  Turn EAST onto
Hwy 2 (you'll pass WalMart, Super1, Perkins, and go thru an intersection).
Continue going EAST to the intersection of Hwy 35 and Hwy 206.   (There is a
C-Store on 1 corner and golf restaurant on the other corner)  Go north on
that road (206) and go approx 7 miles to TRAP Rd.  Turn WEST on Trap Rd, go
about 1 mi. and look for the sign and big log gateway on the south side of
the road.

AUTOCRAT:  Lord Ely O'lestlobain (John Lawler) of Castle Silver Oak
                  280 Trap Rd.  Columbia Falls, MT   406/892-3710

Co-autocrat:  M'lord Remus Rahl   406/212-1399

Feast Steward:  M'lady Dairiene O'lestlobain (Dana Lawler)    406/250-4830
                       M'lady Mary the Mother ("Mom" Lawler)
406/892-3710

Please contact them for any special food needs or allergies