[Artemisia] Respect and Court

Eric & Mary Ward ecward at southwind.net
Mon Mar 15 21:41:03 CST 2004

If I may step in here, I have a comment to make on the subject of
respect in Court.

I'm sure part of this problem is with me, as I have a low tolerance
level (as many who know me well can attest to!), but when Court is
being held & I am sitting with the Populous, there is usually a
reason I am sitting in Court, as I want to pay attention to what is
going on.  I am usually to the side or off doing something.  But I
find when I *do* actually sit down to pay attention, I find the noise
& misbehavior of children very distracting.  It is also most
disruptive for me when the children walk in front of the Populous,
past all attending Barons & Baronesses, past Their Royal Majesties
without a glance, or bow to Their Majesties or anyone else, down the
center aisle.  Some in mundane clothes.  It just kinda takes away
some of the *magic* of the moment for me.

I am not pointing a finger at anyone. Nor am I saying I have an
answer.  I just making the statement that *for me* noisy, disruptive
children distract my enjoyment of court.

Just my two cents.

Lady Dub Essa O'Fidhne