[Artemisia] Reminder of Gallow Games

M'Lady Orianna de Poitou orianna at crystalcrags.org
Wed Sep 15 10:47:22 CDT 2004

GALLOW GAMES
Kalispell, MT
September 24-26, 2004

The Shire of Crystal Crags cordially invites one and all to the 4th Annual Gallow Games!   In honor of our great athletes the theme this year will be “The Olympic Games”.   We will be holding our own version of the Olympic Games which promise to be interesting at the very least.  In holding as true to the original games as possible participants will be divided into teams (cities) i.e. Sparta, Athens, Corinth . . .  Prizes will go to individuals of the winning team.

The games offer opportunities for children to win prizes for running off extra steam (a foot race) and yelling at the top of their lungs (our voice herald for the games).  Adults will have the chance to prove their strength, agility and accuracy.  Okay, so we’re going to throw things like axes and spears.  Unfortunately for some and to the relief of others, our games, unlike the original, will NOT be played in the nude.   In addition, fighters will have ample time for melees.

There will be prizes for the best Greek attire and the person most knowledgeable in Greek history and mythology. Don’t worry; Cliff will be there with his notes (Cheat sheets)

This is also our annual A& S competition and we have acquired a silver trophy for the A&S champion’s traveling award.   Entry points will also be awarded to the participant’s team, so bring your latest, favorite, and best projects.  Teams will receive multi points for multiple entries.

As usual we’ll have an awards ceremony prior to dancing and drumming.

There will be Greek food starting with a welcoming soup kitchen on Friday. A feast ticket will buy you brunch, and an amazing feast on Saturday, as well as a breakfast on Sunday.   This is a WET site, period containers please.  Pets are welcome BUT YOU MUST PICK UP AFTER THEM AND KEEP THEM LEASHED!!!

FEES:
Site Fee: for the weekend - Adults $10 for members ($13.00 nonmembers), Children 9-12 $5.00, under 8 free ($25.00 per family) and $20 for RVs and campers (limited space so call early to reserve!).  FREE ENTRY for the furthest traveler!!  Any royalty hazarding to come to the far reaches of kingdom will be admitted at no charge.

Feast Fee:  for the weekend is a paltry $12 OR $5.00 per meal.

Checks should be made out to Shire of Crystal Crags, SCA Inc.   Pre-register (especially for RVs and campers) at address below.

SITE:   Castle Silver Oak in the Shire of Crystal Crags. The same site as the Barbarian Bash!  Address 280 Trap Rd. Columbia Falls, MT 59912  Opens noon Friday (Thursday by special permission) and closes Sunday at 5:00pm.    Plan for any eventuality weather-wise!!  Water on site.

DIRECTIONS: From the South: Take your best route to Hwy 93. Travel North to the Junction of Hwy 93 and Hwy 2 (center of Kalispell, MT). Turn East onto Hwy 2 (Note: Hwy 2 will turn North in approx. 2-3 miles) continue East on what is now Hwy 35 to the Junction of Hwy 35 and Hwy 206. Turn North on Hwy 206 and Travel approximately 7 miles to Trap Rd. Turn west on Trap Rd and look for the signs.

AUTOCRAT: M’lady Orianna de Poitou (Debby Libby)PO Box 10775  Kalispell, MT 59904  		406-257-8580  orianna at crystalcrags.org

FEAST STEWARD:  M'lady Glae' Morgana  (Teresa Dudley) 406-293-3566   						Please contact 	her for any special food needs or allergies.

--
In service always,

Orianna de Poitou
Chronicler for Crystal Crags