[Artemisia] Fw: Stefan's Florilegium files for April

caointiarn caointiarn1 at juno.com
Tue Apr 5 20:43:11 CDT 2005

> Greetings to the Gentles of the Known World,
>
> Here is a copy of my Florilegium article for April, detailing what is
> new in the Florilegium for this month.
>
> If you are the chronicler of a local newsletter and would like to get a
copy of this article several weeks in advance so that you can have time  to
meet your publishing deadlines, please email me and send me your  regular
and SCA name, your group and its location, your publication
> name and the email which you would like me to send the article to. If  you
run an SCA-oriented website, I also have a version of this article
formatted for web use.

> This message should be going all kingdom mail lists, either directly or
through a representative who forwards it for me. If you don't see it on  a
kingdom mail list, and yet see it on another kingdom's list, please contact
me.

> Stefan
>
> -----
> A Blending of the Past and Present
>
> Over the past fifteen years in an ongoing effort, I have been  collecting
bits of useful information from various newsgroups, mail  lists and articles
submitted to me by their authors. In order to make  this information
available to others, I have placed this information in  a series of files I
call Stefan's Florilegium.

> The Florilegium is on the web at: http://www.florilegium.org
>
> I am always interested in new articles. If you have written an article
that would be of interest to others in the SCA, please send it to me  for
possible inclusion in the Florilegium. Contact me for more details.

> I am also interested in volunteers who might be interested in helping  me
maintain the Florilegium. Everything from collecting materials,  editing and
web work is needed. Again,
please contact me for more details.

> For those who would like to help support the Florilegium project in
another way, I have added a PayPal donation button on the top page of  the
site. Any donations, while not tax deductible, do help pay the overhead
costs of keeping the site running.
>       THLord Stefan li Rous   Ansteorra    stefan at florilegium.org
>
> Here are the new files for this month:
> In the ANIMALS section:
>     hounds-lnks          Links to information on medieval hound dogs
>                             by Dame Aoife Finn of Ynos Mon.
> In the CLOTHING section:
>     smptuary-laws-lnks   Links to info on medieval sumptuary laws
>                             by Dame Aoife Finn of Ynos Mon.
> In the FEASTS section:
>     Medievl-Feasts-art   "The Medieval Feast - An Event, Not Food"
>                             by Mistress Willow de Wisp.
> In the FOOD section:
>     About-Cheese-art     "About Cheese"
A tranlation by Aelianora de  Wintringham of a 1556 letter on Swisscheese
and dairy products.
> In the PERFORMANCE ARTS section:
>     Entrtng-n-SCA-art    "Entertaining in the SCA: a short essay"
>                             by Baron Hrolf Herjolfssen.
> In the PERSONAS section:
>     Barbrn-Persona-art   "Barbarian Personae" by Baron Hrolf Herjolfssen.
>     Persona-CMA-art      "Persona in the Current Middle Ages;
>                             Guidelines to persona play"  by Mistress
Willow de Wisp.
> In the PLANTS, HERBS AND SPICES section:
>     hemp-nettle-art      "Two Food/Fiber/Medical plants in use in  Eastern
Europe"
by Jadwiga Zajaczkowa.