[Artemisia] question about circlets god help me

tangl tangl at myway.com
Thu Apr 7 10:27:19 CDT 2005

You know, Constance is right. That's why I go by Tangl. There are awards, yes, and I am honored by them. The vanity walls in our house finally have lots of names on them rather than just my own, and I'm more glad for that! It's cool to be recognized, but the best thing abotu Artemisia is that we don't feel the need to shove our accomplishments in other people's faces. We don't need to measure each other's circlets or count each other's danglies (which can be embarassing once they get to stuff heredity and gravity have given us) to make ourselves feel superior.

That's why I'm so happy to be a part of this kingdom. I wear my awards on the apprectice's belt I have from Caryn, and it makes for a less intimidating display and more a story piece. And I hope people aren't looking at me and saying, "Oh, that's Tanglwyst. She's a Pelican and can't be talked to by lesser folk." As a Pelican, I AM the lesser folk. Peers work for you, not the other way around, despite the mewlings of certain Proteges in the corner (DARIUS!)

But seriously, never feel like you can't approach the people that interest you. That's what they've worked so hard for all these years.

Maitresse Tanglwyst de Holloway
Barony of Arn Hold
Kingdom of Artemisia

-If you can't be a good example, at least you can be a horrible warning.~ Catherine