[Artemisia] A Request

Theodora (AKA Rachael) ladythea at myway.com
Mon Apr 18 17:36:36 CDT 2005

Hi, everyone.
I am not speaking in any kind of official capacity.  I am spaking as a concerned member of the populace of Artemisia.

There are two Kingdom great offices that NEED to be filled as soon as possible.  The wonderful people in these offices have asked to receive letters of intent for their offices, but have not, to my knowledge.

One is the exchequer.  Maitre Guillaume has done a wonderful job, but he has opened the office for letters of intent.

Maitresse Tanglwyst, our Golden Wing Principal Herald, has also put out feelers for a replacement.

My understanding is that both officers have agreed to train their replacements.  It would be a wonderful thing to have new people in these offices!

There are also a number of lesser offices and deputy positions that need to be filled.  Please refer to the Kingdom web page
artemisia.sca.org  and check in the right hand column.

My request is simple:
If you are AT ALL interested in either of these offices, please contact the current officers.  Even if you are new to the Society, you may have administrative background that would benefit the Kingdom.
Don't think that you can't if you are interested.  Don't tell yourself "I haven't been in the SCA very long", or "I have never held an office before".  Even if you are not chosen as the officer, you may make a wonderful deputy, and those are needed as well.  If you think you know someone that would be a good prospect, have you asked them if they have considered taking a Kingdom office?

I hope I am not out of line in sending this post.  I am just very concerned about the well being of our Kingdom.  One of the most important things for the well being is a fresh, vibrant officer corps, including new officers when existing officers ask to step down.

Sometimes, service, such as holding an office,  is tedious, but much of the time, it is highly rewarding.  You get to meet new people, see new things, and share experiences that keep our Society alive and vibrant.

Please consider it if you have not already.

Thank you for your time,
Thea
(Also known as THL Theodora of Trebizond, resident of Loch Salann, Artemisia).

"You are all learners, doers, teachers."  -Richard Bach