[Artemisia] Midge Marsh and our canine friends

HL Isabeau de Sevingy badsquire at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 26 21:09:48 CDT 2005

Irusan,
Now that I go back and search, I do see that you posted that question to the local list on July 28th. As a former officer of the incipient Barony, I would say that the group could certianly be bothered to answer your question. However, it seems that in the middle of everyone scrambling to make this event happen, your question was overlooked. Had it been me searching for an answer, I suggest that I would have repeated my question a few days after it had been buried under all of the other posts shooting around, rather than wait until the day of the event to worry about it. As an aside, most folks with dogs that I knew were going weren't taking their pets because of the West Nile threat. It's damn hard to properly spray your pet with DEET, without risking their eyes and lungs. Mosquitoes are clever and persistant, and our canine friends are at risk every bit as much as we are. I am sorry you did not recieve an answer, I only suggest that your neighbors have been working their fingers to
 the bone to make the first Premier Baronial Investiture this Kingdom has seen a memorable one. Things fall through the cracks.

HL Isabeau de Sevingy
who, after getting up at 6am to do ODE's and physics homework, blew off both of those classes in order to get the Bardic Champion scroll done right, instead of not being bothered to finish it in time for the event.

iru san <irusan at yahoo.com> wrote:
Greetings,

Some of you may be wondering "Can I take my faithful war-hound (Rover, Pictbane or Snuggims) to the event in Gryphon's Lair this weekend?" My husband just reurned from helping set up site and says there are signs everywhere saying dogs must be on leashes, and of course we are all responsible enough to clean up after them. My apologies for belonging to a shire which cannot be bothered to get you this information in a timely manner so that you could plan ahead, even when the information was requested on their own group list (not an official means of communications ).

Slainte'

Irusan