[Artemisia] mosquitos and dogs (possibly cats too)

Elaine carynvnk at comcast.net
Sun Aug 28 14:25:17 CDT 2005

Greetings Artemisia,
As I was recently reminded by a friend, West Nile virus isn't the only
threat carried to dogs by mosquitos. Mosquitos carry heartworm eggs and
heartworm parasites can be deadly to dogs. My veterinarian said cats
infested with heartworm are infrequent in his experience but it can happen.
So Please please get your dogs their heartworm pills (from your
veterinarian) and make sure they take them regularly.

Thanks to all for sharing your pets and their love with your friends
Caryn