[Artemisia] FW: Need to find

Cheryl Robertson bcecilia at robertson.myrf.net
Wed Jun 29 20:47:27 CDT 2005

Good evening everyone,

I hope I can get some help with this.  I was seeing one of my elderly
clients today and I noticed on her wall  what I thought at first,  were
paintings (paint-by-number type).  On closer examination I discovered they
were done with yarn.

Being the good little researcher I am, I immediately launched into a linty
of questions for this dear lady.  She couldn¹t give me the name and the only
clue I had was the category someone used to put it into a local fair, punch
yarn.

Arriving home I made a bee-line for the computer and soon discovered that
this art form is called Punch Embroidery.  There is the Russian form and
also a Japanese form.  I haven¹t delved into it further to get a history but
suspect it may not, in its current form, be period but I¹m hopeful.

But now to the problem.  This lovely lady does not have any further
projects, patterns etc.  In my search I found many patterns and kits but
most expensive.  My other problem is that when I was looking at her finished
product it was a canvas which was backed by Styrofoam and cardboard.  She
insisted that is the way the kit arrived to her.  All the searching I did
showed me otherwise.  Like other forms of embroidery, it¹s done on linen or
ada cloth stretched in a frame or hoop and upon finishing then backed.

Is there anyone out there that can help me clear up my confusion on this
subject.  Do kits exist the way she showed me?  If so, where might I locate
them so that I can purchase a few for her to have?  If these things aren¹t
packaged with all that, any other ideas.

Thanks for all your help.  If I can locate some she will be ecstatic to have
them to do again.

YIS,

Mst. Cecilia di Firenze
------ End of Forwarded Message