[Artemisia] Still alive

Kristin Gulling-Smith kgullingsmith at juno.com
Sun Mar 13 02:41:03 CST 2005

Greetings from Athenais, the now-rarely-seen.

I've just resubscribed to this list, since I've been informed by several people over the last few months that they've been concerned about me. I haven't dropped off the face of the planet, although my travel time has decreased greatly.

In January, I returned to college, which means that I'll be able to make the occasional weekend event, but trips to, say, Loch Salann or Arn Hold are pretty much right out except during the summer. And, since I'm taking summer classes (at least this year), that's a bit of a problem, too.

I'm sorry to say that I had to miss Estrella due to school (I really couldn't miss a week to a week and a half of six classes!), but I was able to coordinate the deputy autocrat position that I'd volunteered for at Estrella XX from a distance, and it worked out extremely well according to all involved. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to visit and see people face-to-face, but... when I volunteered a year ago, I didn't know I'd be back in college. :)

I'm hoping to make the A&S event in Stan Wyrm in May, since it's the weekend after finals week. (What timing!) I should also be at Uprising for at least Friday through Sunday. I hope to catch up with a lot of you at those two events.

-Athenais

--
Lady Athenais Bryennissa, Golden Pillar Herald
Artemisian Heraldry Site: http://heralds.artemisia.sca.org/