[Artemisia] Coronation

ray congdon rayctc at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 13 19:43:28 CST 2005

I couldn't agree more or put it better.  this last year or so has been full of opportunities for me to be more active at the Kingdom level, and each time I go out into the lands of Artemisia I return home with a hunger to go again, wishing the event had been longer.  As to this Event, I want to tell everyone that I was blown away by all of you. WOW!!!!!!!!!  I had te honor of fighting in her Majesty'e champion tourney and must say that it was a great lesson for me, I had the opportunity to gauge myself against some of the most noble and chivalruos gentel men and Lady, I had more fun than should be legal, thank you Lady, thank you Lords.  I leard some much from each of you, the level of grace displayed on that field is what makes this Kingdom great.  fight every fight for their majesty's honor, for your Kingdom for yourself.  can I just say WOW!!!!! again?  to the knights of Artemisia, I thank you all, you are everything a knight should be from what I saw on that fieid,  My beloved
 knight speaks so highly of you all and watches you as I do, a true fan of the game.  I consider myself deeply blessed to have such examples. It is sad to me that all three lists were run at the same time, however those wonderful people who managed to make it happen and created Lemonade for us both figurativly and physically (yum) should sit on our shoulders, what a fabulous gift they gave us.  To our fencers, WOW!!!!! I loved watching you all, what skill what grace, A dear freind of mine who is new to the SCA watched you in awe, then begged me to assist him in joining your ranks.  he cannot weild the heavy stick do to physical constrants and has now seen that there is a place and a people to aspire to that he can grow in, thank you all so much for giving him that experience.  To their Graces, I have been totaly amazed by the level of service you have so freely given this kingdom, you inspire me to step up my level of commitment to my home of Ard Ruadh and to my Kingdom, bless you,
 you have filled my cup.
To their Majesties, there are no acedents we yous the word Majesty to describe this noble estate, you both shine so britely, Thank you for being there for us, thank you for the sacrifices you are willing to make so that we can dream.  heavy is the head that wears the crown, but light is the path you walk.  All my best efforts shall be made to be worthy of the gift you have given.  to their Exelencies tryggvar and Brenna, thank you for being in my life, thank you for loving me and my flaws, thank you for caring enough about be to step in and set me straight, because i'm worth it to you, It has been my greatest honor to serve you, and shall continue to be so, I love you both so very much.  to their Excelencies Ulrich and Rachel, there are no accedent, it will be my privalage to bow before you again in that station of promise you are about to fill.  do it again, do it well, all whom you have touched, touch others with the spirit you impart.  gosh, I love all of you, Every member of this
 beautiful Kingdom who teach by being the best you can be.  What a lucky bunch we are to live in a land and a time that allows us the right to have this dream.  God bless you all.

- In service to the Dreamers,

Andrew

bill mayfield <wpmay at hotmail.com> wrote:

WOW!!

This was only my 3rd event in Artemisia and my 1st Coronation
here
and I will say that it was a well done event.
The event site kicked major butt and was truly fitting for the
occasion.
The fighting was very very good.I must have fought 20
different people
and was so wore out that I knew it was a good day !!!(wish i could have
fought better)
The feast was respectable and rekindled my old flame for
period foods
and cookery.
The Courts were reasonable in length and I found them both
informative
and entertaining.I Love the muscians that Play and take my hat of to
Mary-Amanda,
she is incredible.
It was really neat to finally put some faces with names and
have others pointed out
for me.
As a Kingdom Artemisia is blessed with Beautiful and varied
Lands,and is doubly blessed
with an awesome variety of People,of many different skills and talents ,all
of which combine
to make me proud to call Artemisia "HOME".

I remain your humble servant,

Æthelwülf Omünd