[Artemisia] question about circlets god help me

Bruce Padget bapadget at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 29 17:31:25 CST 2005

--- Sondra Gibson <sgibson at edulog.com> wrote:
> > And to cross threads, if a DWS moves to Calontir
> and wears his white
> > scarf, are they right to shun him?
> >  				Torin
>
> Absolutely NOT.
>
> Gefjon

But I daresay, a DWS with an eye toward decorum would
inquire before wearing his scarf there.  Even if the
answer were to wear it, despite opposition.  (Don
Christian de Launey puts it best -- it's not that a
gentleman is never rude.  Rather, he is never rude
unintentionally and without good cause.)

(Oh, if I had a ducat for each time someone threw me
and a Calontir peer together, in hopes of a few sparks
flying.  We've never obliged -- because they're a
peer, and because I'm a DWS :D)

Crossing threads a bit more (we'll never get this
thing unscrewed now...), this touches on why I don't
think rapier would be aided by a separate peerage.
Those who respect and like rapier will do so, whether
there are separate awards for it or not.  Those who
don't, or who think it doesn't belong in the SCA,
won't start liking it just because there's an official
award.  (I can hear it now -- "Him? Oh, he's one of
*rapier* peers.")

Stirring the pot,
Niccolo
Abbasntanza Buon Non E Abbastanza Buono