[Artemisia] Chivalry Workshop and Pas at Uprising

Allen Hall earlalan at srv.net
Sun May 22 15:31:32 CDT 2005

Greetings Artemisia,

Uprising approaches rapidly, and I'm sure everyone who hopes to attend is
busily preparing for it!

I wanted to announce two events that have been set up for Uprising, and hope
that those who are interested will participate.

The Pas d' Armes will be Friday at 3:00 pm for those that are interested in
participating, and enjoying all the pagentry and glory that goes into such
an endeavor.  Bring your pretty armour and show that it can be done in
period armour (steel or leather if that's your personae), including period
helmets with medieval faceplates.  SCA grilled helms will be acceptable, but
if you've gone the extra mile to have a period helm, bring it!  The primary
objective here is a Chivalric display of arms and feats of arms that our
medieval ancestors would be proud of.

The Chivalry Workshop at Uprising will be Saturday at 4:00 pm.  This is a
forum for fighters to come and fight with knights, to ask questions, get
comments, and to learn.  Participants will fight with the knights with the
specific purpose of learning.  The fighting will last about an hour to an
hour an a half.  Following the fighting we will have a discussion on
Chivalric subjects and field questions from people.  I would like to focus
the discussion somewhat on the "how to's" of armour and arms, though all
topics are open.  The Knights (and others) have some good tricks on how to
do things, and passing them along will make Artemisia stronger militarily.

Looking forward to seeing you all at Uprising.  Please help out with the
Chivalry Workshop if you can, the non-belts really appreciate the chance to
play with Knights they normally don't get to fight.

YIS,

Duke Alan, proud knight of Artemisia