[Artemisia] help and hints for Kingdom A&S

Cat no1home at onewest.net
Sat Apr 1 23:44:22 CST 2006

Now if I weren't an arrogant self-satisfied art-lout completely
convinced that no one can beat me or even come close to my levels of
spiffitude, I wouldn't be sharing my secrets with you all on my tried-
and-true winning methods of sinking the competition in arts
competitions, but I'm above all that... (wow, how was that for a goad
to enter A&S and beat me? huh? huh? Gonna enter? Gonna bury me, huh?
huh?)

Seriously now (yes, I can be serious once a decade or so), to help
everyone beat me at kingdom A&S this year, I will recommend to you my
short piece on how to document stuff for A&S competitions.  I threw
it together one evening several years ago for a class at an event
here in M Eyes several years back to help folks do their
documentation for what was then an upcoming A&S competition in the
barony.  I recently went back and reread what I wrote and decided it
wasn't as badly done as I remembered.  It does have some really ugly
misspellings and typos - but that's par for the course, I'm afraid,
for me and my misspelling brain and my fumbling fingers.  So ignore
the bad spelling and the typos and look at the content.  It will tell
exactly how I do the documentation for all my entries and it's a
formula that has worked really well for me for years and years.  I
say it in black and white in my article and I will say it here too:
for the format that we use in formal-rules criteria-category form of
the A&S Championship, with all other things being equal between
entries, you will win or lose in large part based on your
documentation.  My article lays out the reasons why - so I will not
go into them here.  But since good documentation is what may make or
break your entries (especially if you're serious about putting my
arrogant artsy-fartsy butt in its place), it behooves to study how to
do your docs right.  Documentation is not really difficult if you
know how to structure it and my article will give a useful outline on
how to do just that and do it well.

Therefore, I encourage to drop by:
http://www.rocks4brains.com/~cat/HowToA&S.pdf
and study what it says there if you want to have a hope of burying me
come May...

ttfn,
Therasia the insufferably smug