[Artemisia] Uprising siege weapon Info

RIKKER rikkertg at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 11 21:30:22 CDT 2006

   Here is more info on the requirements for the siege weapons tourney.
        1- all weapons must use a mechanical release trigger.
        2-  the cocking mecanism must use some form of winch( not cocked by hand)           (with the exception of hand operated trebeuches.)
        3- all crews must wear eye protection.
        4- no wire or metal rope or cables used in the mechanism.
        5- ammunition,   to be scaled to the weapon  ie.  if your weapon would throw a 100 lb. boulder when full size you may throw a 25 lb. boulder.  You will need three rounds of ammunition so that you may fire three times without having to go down range during a rotation.
        6-  limit stops,   to prevent your throwing arm from coming all the way over to the ground and possibly breaking or overturning your engine.
        7- all hardware has to be capable of withstanding the loads to which they will be subjected with a safety margin for unforseen stress.
        8- when firing,  no one is to stand in the "Line of fire" either in front or to the rear of the weapon.
        9-  weapons should have a crew of three for safe operation.
       10- crews should NOT have any loose cordage,  ties or overly loose fabric that could get caught in the mechanisms.

   This should cover some of the questions I have recieved so far.  where we have no established rules for the Kingdom for siege weapons competition we are feeling our way through this and trying to keep it as safe as possible.  If you come up with concerns that you feel need addressing please feel free to contact me and post them  to the AERIE so that we can get feedback from any and all concerned and those with any knowledge are asked to please help us to stay on a safe and prudent course what we do here may end up with the guidelines for future competitions in this Kingdom.  I would love to see a Kingdom Engineers corps but do not have the time to develop one myself I would love to help if someone else was interested though.  I'm hoping this competition will spark interest and eventually lead to our own Engineers corps.  So let's have fun.  Knock the heck out of my targets and maybe some day compete with the other Kingdoms Engineer Corps In an KWSeige weapon tourney?
 Maybe?

  Good Luck
  Rikker