[Artemisia] Re: dumb embroidery question

Reuben and Arwen reuben_arwen at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 28 14:24:25 CDT 2006

    Forgive the lateness of the reply.  I just got ten digests all at once.  Gotta catch up!  :)  The gomlek is the chimese like underwear layer next to your skin, worn over the pants, but under everything else.  Layer two is the chirka which is the short coat, between hip and knee length, with no sleeves, wrist length, or anything between sleeves.  An entari, or for men the ceremonial kaftan, is layer four.  The ferache is the outdoor coat.  Arwen

The gomlek (if I remember correctly....) is the outer "coat-dress"?
Bronwen