[Artemisia] Greetings All, a letter from the Kingdom Seneschal

Jeff Webster red_belt at msn.com
Fri Dec 8 16:15:38 CST 2006

Hello list members.
 It appears that I have missed the cutoff date for this letter to be printed in the Sage Advice for the month of December. As some of the issues will need distributed
throughout the Kingdom prior to the January issue, I thought I would send it here in hopes that you all would get it to those who would be interested in its contents if they themselves do not have access to the internet or do not take the Artemisian Mailing list.

  Greetings Artemisia

   A few things for this month.
First:  I am taking bids for my office. The office of Seneschal for the Kingdom of Artemisia is a somewhat time consuming issue. You should be able to devote at least 20 hours a week (sometimes more) to the issues of this office and Kingdom.  You must be a good listener, a good "politician", a good referee and at times, a person who must make a quick decision and then stick to the consequences of that action. If you can do all of these, you may be the next Seneschal for this Kingdom. Applications, résumé's (both SCA and modern era) and a letter of introduction should be sent to Their Majesties, Their Royal Highnesses and myself no later than January 15th.
 Speaking of January.......the 5th is the deadline for Doomsday reports for all of the Seneschals in this Kingdom. Get working now and please don't be late. It slows the whole process for everyone, including me. Yes I have to do one as well. You each do one, I do one encompassing all of yours as well as the Kingdom "bureaucratic" issues. It takes some time so, don't be late....please!
 There is also a Kingdom Seneschals Symposium planned for all the Knowne World Seneschals. It will happening March 30 - April 1st. Make sure that if you are applying for the Seneschals position that you will be able to attend this vitally important meeting. It will be held in Las Vegas, in the Barony of Starkhafen, at the "Orleans" hotel convention center.
 Secondly:  New appointments are as follows:  Maitresse Tanglewyst is the new Kingdom Media Liaison/Chatelaine. Hopefully her address and contact information is in the Sage as you read this. If not, it will be updated soon.
   THL Morgan Blaidd du is my new deputy Seneschal. His address and contact information is (or will be) in the Sage also. He is working on borders, zip codes and such. He also set up a Seneschals email list. If you are not on it and you are a Seneschal, please contact him immediately so that he can get you on it. The old one is now defunct and will not be used from now on.
   HL Morgan is also the new Calendar Deputy. We will not be having Convocation as you knew it. Instead each Seneschal will contact him with their dates and events for the year. Then he will set forth the calendar. It will be circulated to the Seneschals and then published. The deadlines are as follows:  Contact HL Morgan by May 1. He will then have the Calendar out by July 1 and published at that time.
    Seneschals:  If you are not contacting your Regional Deputy when you send in your monthly reports you need to start doing so. If you have questions, contact me. Also you will need to "cc" HL Morgan with your monthly reports as well. Some of you have been slipping a little. Now is the time to get all things back in order.
    There will be some upcoming law changes regarding The Scribes office, Kingdom and local events calendar, The Convocation, and (soon to be forthcoming) The Arts and Sciences "Competition" and "Collegium". Some of these are all "ironed out" some are still in the works.
   There is renewed interest in a group in the area of Butte Montana, an area formerly know as the Shire of Dun Braga. They are well on their way and will need help along the way. Please go and help out when you can.
  I have recently heard from goode gentles in the areas of The Shire of Draca Mor, or Grand Junction Colorado and the Shire of Dael Beorht, or Montrose Colorado. It has been a long time since I or anyone had heard from them and we had thought that marauding hordes for the south had overtaken them and killed off the populace. Imagine my surprise and joy when I heard from them both in the same week!  The King and Queen as well as the Crown Prince and Princess are overjoyed that we still have outposts in the far East of our beloved Kingdom. Speaking of Outposts in the East, I have had discussion this week with His Excellency Syr Giovanni, Seneschal of the Outlands. We are in the early stages of "trading some land" to assist in the assimilation of an area known to the modern world as Lander Wyoming. Just in case you didn't know. Some of our allies and friends in the Outlands are soon to be official Artemisia citizens, although they were always Artemisian at heart.

     I hope I haven't missed anything. Stay Tuned for more.

  One final thought:  WAR !

I remain as always
in service to ALL of Artemisia

Ulric