[Artemisia] Re:SCA Mom sues...

Auraelia de Medici auraeliade at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 14 07:37:33 CST 2006

I'm personally more offended that so many are excited to see this lawsuit.  If these people sue for money (and I haven't seen where they are , which seems to be the common practice anymore, then those are dollars out of our school system, out of the children's hands, and out of our pockets!  Regardless of whether they are asking for monatary recovery, is it really worth causing the school system to defend this lawsuit with our tax dollars?  People are so upset about the quality of education and a lot of it comes down to dollars.  People wonder where all the money is going to that they spend for schools.  Well, here is a good example of a lot of our school budget going to, what I would consider, a rather frivolous cause.

We can try this in the media, at school board meetings, at the ballot box for the school board, or any number of much less expensive ways.  Why, when we're told no, do we like spoiled children, demand we have our rights and we must have our way?

This country has lost the fine art of arbitration.  We've got really stupid warning labels on half of our appliances.  We've lost a myriad of products that could be dangerous to our health.  We've got stupid, restrictive policies on much of what we do.  Why?  Because if we're told no, we can't take it.  We must buck authority, and sue to see how rich we can get.

Lady Auraelia de Medici, Cd'O