[Artemisia] Re: Artemisia Digest, Vol 39, Issue 35- persona vs modern view of the discussion

morgan wolf morganblaidddu at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 16 11:14:20 CST 2006

Since I apparently neglected to trim a post enough to suit Sir Yumitori at some point in the recent past, allow me to address both Duke Alan and Honorable Lady Ysabeau at once-

My previous post was entirely the "in persona" view.  I have indeed read Sharon Kay Penman (every single one of her works in fact, and have them shelved in historically correct chronological order), and *mundanely* am fully aware that most reliable evidence indicates that Richard's "hump" was A) on the other side, and B) was actually just a poorly healed broken collar bone, making him no more hunchbacked than Joaquin (or however he spells it) Phoenix.  I also know that about 2-3 years ago, or maybe more recently, the skeletons of two boys 7-10 years old were found entombed in a staircase that was being restored, one that in fact had been "restored" during Richard's reign, and that there was evidence that they were alive when they were put in there.

So, back to persona- Henry Tudor has the full support of all true Cymraeg Your Grace, but perhaps not the support of those alltud townsmen in the south who are, if we're being honest, nothing more than misplaced englishmen, and mostly chesiremen at that.