[Artemisia] Fw: [MontanaFiberCrafters] Brown Sheep road trip

caointiarn caointiarn1 at juno.com
Thu Jan 19 07:00:44 CST 2006

For all the fiber enthusiasts, if you'd like to attend, contact me, or Diana  -- her addy is at the bottom of the post.   We could have supper at my house before the trip!
Caointairn

Montana Fiber Crafters Fiber Coma Road trip
Montana Fiber Crafters have planned a trip for the fiber enthusiast here in Montana.  We will be taking a bus ride to Brown Sheep wool mill  For those that are unfamiliar with Brown Sheep, they produce rovings and yarns such as Lamb's Pride, Top of the Lamb, Naturespun, Wildefoote, Prairie Silk, etc   http://brownsheep.com/   Brown Sheep wool mill is located  in Mitchell, NE.
We will be taken on a private guided tour of the Brown Sheep wool mill, the largest producers of natural fibers here in the United States.  Here you will get to see how your yarn comes into being.  At the end of the tour we will be allowed to shop at the 2nds store they have.  From what I have been told, the prices are phenomenal!  You can buy an assortment of yarns and rovings that never made it to the stores.  So if you are looking for yarn that isn't like everyone else, or weaving a piece up that you want to stand out, this will be an ideal shopping spree for you.
Now here are the details:
We will leave Billings on Thursday, around midnight.  We will spend the night on the bus as we are whisked away to Mitchell NE.  This will be like a slumber party.  Some will be too excited to sleep, others will be sleeping with visions of rovings and yarns dancing through their heads.   This should be about 7 ½ bus ride.  The driver will stop every couple of hours for those that need to take a stretch.
We will stop for breakfast before heading to Brown Sheep wool mill.  Once there, the tours will begin.  We will have to break up into groups, the tour lasts about 45 minutes, and then you will be set free to shop, shop, shop.  This should all take about 4 hours.  Bring a lunch!  There are places to spread out, relax and eat.

We will then board the bus back to Billings.  We will be spending our time knitting, crocheting, drop spindle or lap looms.  All will be admiring their new purchases, and planning what they will be making with them.  We will be stopping for dinner at 5-6.  We should be back in Billings no later than 9pm on Friday.  This will be a less-than 24 hour trip.
Cost of a round-trip ticket will be $55.00 Yep, that cheap.  Both ways, and YES, there is a bathroom on the bus!
The date that have been set aside will be Friday, May, 12th   We will actually be boarding the bus on Thursday at midnight.  this is May 11th.
If you are interested in taking the trip, please let me know.  Don't send money yet, I am just taking a head-count.   Also, if after reading this you are saying to yourself, "Well, I would like to but____".  Please give me feedback on the "but" part.
Treat yourselves for Mother's Day
Diana Gilek
lasaan at yahoo.com

Diana MT

One good turn gets most of the blankets

If you find a friend you fully trust
And wish for his good-will,
exchange thoughts,
exchange gifts,
Go often to his house.
The Sayings of Hár

Yahoo! Photos - Showcase holiday pictures in hardcover
Photo Books. You design it and we'll bind it!

      Craft project  Rug hooking  Craft